In this review we will be looking at the latest member of the Fitbit range of fitness wristbands, the Fitbit Charge Wireless Activity Wristband. We will look at its list of great features and how these features can benefit you in your quest to achieve your ultimate lifestyle and fitness goals. We will then see what others have to say about this device. This review will also focus on any of the drawbacks of using this particular fitness tracker might have, according to some of its users.
Overview, Critique and Comparisons
The Charge is one of a range of fitness, or activity trackers in the market today. The device tracks a users calorie intake, their activity level and sleeping patterns. Combined, it provides the wearer with the insight to allow them to make lifelong changes to their overall health and well-being. This fitness tracker is worn on the wrist, is light, thin and looks very stylish. It features all-day activity tracking, real-time stats and Caller ID notifications to help you reach your fitness goals and stay connected. It resembles a watch in many ways. It comes in black or slate and is available in two sizes.
The product features a silent alarm, a backlit display, is light and unobtrusive, which is important in a fitness tracker. Accessing your vital information is only a double-tap away. The device has a goal achievement alarm. Once you’ve achieved a desired goal it buzzes away, displaying its congratulations. Another great feature is if you depress the tracker’s button it switches over to activity mode. Both time and distance travelled are then monitored. Great for those long runs!
Ok, so what, if any, are some of the reported drawbacks of using this product according to people who use it?
Well, first off, because it has a large display which is makes it less discreet than some of the other fitness wristbands out there. So if you plan on wearing it with short sleeves, be prepared to be noticed, which may or may not be a bad thing, depending on your point of view. Now, previous models in the Fitbit range did have clasp issues, where the things would come undone, usually at the worst possible time, but this problem has been corrected.
There are other trackers available that do have better and more visually stimulating software, but this one has an app that is well up to the job of displaying your progress in a meaningful way and in the end, that’s what matters. About the only real shortcoming we could identify is that the device is not waterproof. It can handle sweat and being caught out in the rain, but don’t plan on taking it swimming or into the shower.
What are some of the Features?
- Accurately track all-day stats like steps taken, distance traveled, calories burned, stairs climbed, and active minutes
- See daily stats, time of day, and exercise mode with a bright OLED display
- Monitor your sleep automatically and wake with a silent alarm
- Get call notifications right on your wrist. The wristband also vibrates to alert you to an incoming call
- Access real-time run stats like time, distance, and pace to stay on track
- Sync stats wirelessly and automatically to your computer and over 120 leading smartphones
- The Fitbit Charge comes with an easy to clean, water-resistant textured wristband with an improved clasp and boasts a long battery life of up to 7 days
How do these Features Benefit You?
Wireless Activity + Wristband
The Charge is an advanced fitness tracker that monitors your activity, like number of steps taken, the total distance travelled, caloric intake, calories burnt and number of minutes active during the day
- You can remain connected during the day with real-time statistics and caller ID via its digital OLED display. At night the device will monitor, automatically, your sleep and wake you at a time of your choosing, with a silently vibrating alarm
- Wherever you are, at home or at work, the Charge syncs your fitness stats to your smartphone or computer. It gives the information to uncover the hidden patterns of your life and the motivation to reach your lifelong goals
- Because it supports iOS, Android and Windows, it gives you the ultimate flexibility to connect it to over 120 of the best known smart devices or computers
- Allows you to establish daily and long-term goals, check your progress and analyse the trends that lead, bit by bit, to a healthier lifestyle
- The wristband can keep you motivated through earning awards for reaching your fitness and lifestyle milestones
- Take it up a notch by sharing your targets and data with family and friends, organise leaderboards for friendly competition. It has been shown that doing this helps you achieve your goals that much faster
So, seize the day with Fitbit Charge! A state of the art fitness wristband that helps you take control of important elements of your life. By establishing daily and long-term targets, providing real-time feedback and rewarding your efforts, it helps you stay motivated to reach, bit by bit, your ultimate lifelong fitness goals.